This is going to be the best guide to start career in Blockchain. You will find out the best resources for learning Blockchain or starting career in blockchain as a Functional Consultant or Developer.
This is the most common question that anyone learning Blockchain would ask! If we replace the word Blockchain in the title with any other technology that’s what one would be searching for. But given the craze and attention that Blockchain is receiving. I bet this is the question that most, if not all software professional are asking.
Guide to start career in Blockchain
Blockchain is an emerging technology that powers many use-cases. Among the prominent and most famous is Crypto-currency. However blockchain is much beyond Cryptocurrency and enterprise across the globe are adopting blockchain for variety of use-cases.
Most common use-cases of Blockchain
- Supplychain transparency and provenance
- Payments & T+0 day settlement
- Procure-to-pay process transformation
- Bonds and private equity issuance
- Clinical Trials
- Inventory Visibility
- NFT (Non-Fungible Tokens) for asset ownership & trade
How do I start learning Blockchain?
Blockchain is not one tool or protocol to learn. Blockchain is the concept behind various multiple implementations of it. Each implementation is different from each other and in some cases they are miles apart. This means each blockchain technology has a purpose and applicability.
Therefore when starting your journey to learn blockchain, you should start by understanding
- Basics concepts of Blockchain
- Its use-cases and implications
- Types of Blockchains & consensus mechanisms
- Purpose & applicability of a Blockchain for a use-case
Once you believe you are ready with this, then you should deep-dive into those Blockchain solutions. Per industry estimates, the top Blockchain Protocols are:
- Hyperledger Fabric
- R3 Corda
- Hyperledger Indy
- Hyperledger Besu
- Digital Asset
- Ripple, and others
Please do write in comments, which you believe should have been added to the list.
Ways to start your learning journey
- Degree/Diploma/Certificates courses from Institutes (often in collaboration with premium universities and institutes)
- Choose from Blockchain Training Institutes Instructor Led trainings like Kerala Blockchain Academy, Indian Blockchain Institute
- Doing self paced learning using video’s or drafted tutorials
- Youtube videos to learn from the video’s put up by active community members
- Meetup’s organized by the community to depart knowledge
- Resources made available by the technology provider (Blockchain is a technology stream where various providers offer Blockchain protocol implementations)
These all ways are generally in order of the cost associated.